Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Imagine an Image as an Imagery???

What is imagery?
Imagery is the other world we can sense in our mind that is created by the poet's poetic language. Therefore, imagery varies among readers, since no one thinks in exactly the same way.



The Road not Taken - Robert Frost


TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth.



What do you see? I see a dwindling path, with yellow leaves, and it looks like a chilly evening. It will look like my grandmother's place. Like a field.



Significance: Imagery is the image we can visualize when we read the poem. Poets who like descriptive language will no doubt communicate imagery to you. With imagery, the poem seems to live in your mind forever and that the fact that you can see a poem is no doubt, a very calming fact.



No comments:

Post a Comment